Ludo, the board game, is now available online. Learn all you need to know about ludo & stand a chance to win lakhs of money online while playing ludo.
This comprehensive Ludo game guide 2023 will help you get started quickly. What’s more? With Ludo online games, you also stand a chance to win real money. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive in.
- What is Ludo?
- Why is Ludo so popular?
- Rules of Ludo
- Ludo Game Tips and Tricks
- Play Ludo & Win Real Money
- Ludo Multiplayer Game
- How to Download Ludo Games Online?
- Ludo Online vs. Classic Board Game
- Ludo Game: Related Articles
- Ludo Game: FAQs
What is Ludo?
Ludo is a game that is typically played with 4 players. Each player has 4 pieces that they move around the board. The game aims to move all of your pieces to the home square. It is often played with friends and family.
Whether you play Ludo online or offline, the game aims to move the player’s tokens clockwise around the board, up the home column, and into the Home. However, depending upon the gameplay and rules, the player must strategize their move.
For instance, when you play the classic Ludo board game, you must roll a six to move a token out of the base and onto the start position. This rule changes when it comes to playing Ludo online. Games like Ludo Supreme, where all the tokens are in the open position, and you do not need to roll a six to start the game.
So, if you are playing the classic game, your strategy might be first getting your token out of the base whenever you roll a six. On the other hand, if you are playing Ludo Supreme, your strategy might be moving the token nearest to the home column whenever you roll a six.
Play Ludo Online and win up to Rs.10 Lakhs! Click the “Download App” button.
History of Ludo Game
Ludo is a game that is believed to have originated in India. It finds its origin in the Indian game, Pachisi, which was played around the 6th century. It has evolved from Pachisi, and Ludo’s first recorded game was in 1896. The earliest evidence of this game’s evolution in India is the depiction of boards on the caves of Ellora.
The original version is also described in the Indian epic Mahabharata and is known as Charūparṇī. Shakuni uses cursed dice to beat the Pandavas, and after losing everything, including their wife, Draupadi, Yudhisthira plays the game for their freedom.
Ludo was also played by the Mughals, and there is evidence of this game being played by the British in the late 1800s. The game was brought to England in the late 19th century. The game was popularized in the United States in the early 20th century.
Why is Ludo so popular?
Ludo is a very popular game because it can be enjoyed by players of all ages. The game is simple to understand and can be played quickly. The game can also be enjoyed by a large number of players. The game is particularly popular in India as it can be played on family occasions. With technological advancement, Ludo is not just a board game but can also be played online. You simply need a device with an internet connection, and you can start playing with players worldwide.
Countries that play Ludo Game
Ludo is popular in India, the United Kingdom, and the United States. You can also find players in Pakistan, Brazil, Australia, Venezuela, France, and Canada.
Rules of Ludo
The basic rules are easy to learn, and the game can be tailored to accommodate varying levels of skill.
Number of Ludo players
- Two – Four players (if board game)
- Two – four players (Online and offline board game)
Ludo Game Objective
The board is initially empty, and the game’s object is to move one’s pieces from the starting area to the home square, followed by moving the opponent’s pieces back to the starting area.
Steps to Play Ludo Game
- Four squares on the board are usually yellow, green, red, and blue. Depending on their color, each player is assigned four pieces of their color.
- Each player throws a single die to play, and the player with the highest number (6) starts. In subsequent turns, the player with the highest number throws the dice and moves their pieces accordingly.
- Players then take turns moving their pieces. On your turn, you must move one of your pieces that are open forward based on the number displayed on the dice.
- If a player lands on a square occupied by an opponent’s piece, the opponent’s piece is captured and moved back into the color zone. The opponent must begin with this piece again by waiting to open it.
- If a player lands on their own piece, then that piece is advanced to the next square.
- The winner is the first player to move all 4 pieces in the center area.
Movement of Ludo Pieces
Each of the 4 pieces a player owns has to move from the home color base back to the center after crossing opponent houses & territories. The direction of the Ludo game is clockwise.
Ludo Game Tips and Tricks
Ludo is a classic board game that can be enjoyed by players of all ages. The game’s object is to move all of your pieces around the board and then capture your opponent’s pieces by landing on them. Here are some tips and tricks to help you win at Ludo:
- Use your pieces to block your opponent’s path. This can prevent them from moving their pieces around the board and capturing your pieces.
- Try to move your pieces around the board as quickly as possible. The faster you move, the less likely your opponent is to be able to block your path.
- If your opponent is blocking your path, try to use your pieces to capture their pieces. This will allow you to move your pieces around the board more easily.
- If you have a piece about to be captured, try moving it to one of your opponent’s pieces instead. This will prevent them from capturing your piece, and it will remain on their piece.
- If you are losing, try to keep your opponent’s pieces on their side of the board. This will make it difficult for them to capture your pieces.
- If you are winning, try to move your pieces to your opponent’s side of the board. This will make it easy for you to capture their pieces.
- If you are having trouble capturing your opponent’s pieces, try to use your pieces to block their path. This will prevent them from moving their pieces around the board, and it will make it easier for you to capture them.
Play Ludo & Win Real Money
There are many ways that you can win money when playing Ludo online. One way is to download an app that offers pay-to-play games. This way, you can win money for each game that you play. Zupee is trusted by many people to play online Ludo games and win cash.
Zupee has four Ludo game variants that give you instant cash prizes when you win:
With Zupee’s Ludo Supreme, you can play real money games and enjoy a refreshing take on the classic game. Download the Ludo Supreme Apk and iOS version. Watch this video to learn how to win cash on Zupee’s most popular Ludo game – Ludo Supreme:
Learn more about Ludo Supreme Gameplay.
It is a fast-paced game to keep you excited. A modern version of Ludo that features powerful graphics and skill-based gameplay for turbo-fast play. Despite being a small game, Ludo Turbo packs all the goodness of classic Ludo into one.
Learn more about Ludo Turbo Speed Ludo Gameplay and rules.
It is a modern take on Ludo, the classic board game that inspired countless similar games worldwide. Ludo Ninja combines a dice-less format with real-time tournaments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Download Ludo Ninja Apk and start winning real cash.
Ludo Supreme League
Ludo Supreme League is a single-player online ludo tournament by Zupee. The gameplay is somewhat similar to Ludo Supreme. Take a look at this video to learn how to play Ludo Supreme League online:
Ludo Multiplayer Game
With online ludo games, you can choose the gameplay format. Take a look at the table below to gain more clarity on the game format for Zupee Ludo games:
|Ludo Online||Ludo Supreme||Ludo Ninja||Ludo Turbo||Ludo Supreme League|
|2 player||8 minutes||24 moves||30 moves||NA|
|4 player||10 minutes||18 moves||18 moves||NA|
Look at the 2-player and 4-player format for Ludo online multiplayer games on Zupee!
Ludo Online 2-player format
Ludo Online 4-player format
Play Ludo Online and win up to Rs.10 Lakhs! Click the “Download App” button.
How to Download Ludo Games Online?
- Click on the “DOWNLOAD APP” button
- An Android APK/ iOS file will be downloaded. Run it on your mobile.
- Install and sign up on the app
- Search for Ludo Online games
- Start playing & win cash
Ludo Online vs. Classic Board Game
Here is a brief overview of how the traditional gameplay is different from the gameplay of Zupee Ludo online games:
|Gameplay||Classic Ludo||Ludo Supreme||Ludo Ninja||Ludo Turbo||Ludo Supreme League|
|Starting the game||Need a 6 to open token||All tokens are open||All tokens are open||All tokens are open||All tokens are open|
|Moving tokens||The dice value determines no. of boxes to move||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo|
|Capturing opponents token||Capture the opponent token by landing on it||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo|
|Extra Moves||Roll a 6/ Cut token/ Reach Home||Roll a 6 / Cut token/ Reach Home||Cut token/ Reach Home||Cut token/ Reach Home||Cut token/ Reach Home|
|Time for 2 players||<90 minutes||8 minutes||24 moves||30 moves||NA|
|Time for 4 players||<90 minutes||10 minutes||18 moves||18 moves||NA|
|Safe Spaces||Marked with stars||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo||Similar to Classic Ludo|
|Blocking the opponent||By landing two of your tokens in the same box||Blocking not allowed||Blocking not allowed||Blocking not allowed||Blocking not allowed|
|Winning the game||The player who makes all his four tokens reach Home||The player who scores the maximum points||The player who scores the maximum points||The player who scores the maximum points||The player on top of the leaderboard.|
Ludo Game: Related Articles
Take a look at some of the related articles on the Ludo Game:
- How to Become a Ludo King?
- How To Master The Game Of Ludo & Win Real Money?
- Ludo Game Paytm Cash
- Refer Ludo Online to Friends & Win Rewards
- How to find genuine Ludo game apps online?
- How to play Ludo?
- 10 Ludo rules to create a winning strategy
- Ludo multiplayer game
- Ludo money withdrawal
Ludo Game: FAQs
Ludo is a board game discovered in India in the 6th century. In the ancient era, it was known as Chaupar. Here are 9 other board games that were invented in India.
You can play Ludo on a board with tokens or three types of Ludo online games on Zupee. The game aims to move the player’s tokens clockwise around the board, up the home column, and into the Home. However, the ludo online gameplay and rules are slightly different. Learn how to play Ludo in 5 easy steps!
You can play Ludo online on Zupee with Ludo Supreme, Ludo Ninja, and Ludo Turbo. All three games are an online version of the classic board game Ludo, with some tweaks to the gameplay. For instance, Ludo Supreme is a timed game, whereas in Ludo Ninja and Turbo, the player gets an equal number of moves to score maximum points.
Yes. You can play Ludo online and stand a chance to win real money. One such ludo money app is Zupee.
To win Ludo, you must always strategize and safeguard your token. When you play Ludo online, you must have a few more tricks up your sleeve. Look at this article, where we share the 15 best ludo tricks and tips to win the online ludo game.
While playing ludo, you get an extra turn to roll a six. However, you lose your turn if you roll six more than three times in one turn.
Yes. You can definitely play Ludo online games for free with Zupee. Opt for a free entry fee tournament and start playing.