Ludo, a game that most of us have enjoyed in our childhood, has found a new home – our mobile phones! With just a few taps, we can now play this classic game with our friends and family members, no matter where they are in the world. Today, let’s talk about some common words you might hear when playing online Ludo games, especially on a popular platform like Zupee. Don’t worry; we’ll keep it simple and fun!
Common Terms Used in Ludo
Here are some of the most common terms in Ludo used offline and online.
- Pawns/Token: Pawns are the little pieces you move around the board. Every player gets four pawns in their own color: red, blue, yellow, or green. Your main goal is to safely move all of your pawns/tokens around the board and into your home column.
- Home: This is the finishing point for your pawns. After traveling around the board, your pawns need to reach the home to be safe and sound. The first player to get all four pawns to home wins the game! However, when you play online, the rules to win might be different.
- Starting Area: This is where your pawns stay until they are brought into play. In classic Ludo game, you need to move a pawn out of the starting area by rolling a six on the dice. However, when you play Ludo online, the pawns are generally in an open position, and you do not need to roll a 6.
- Dice: You roll the dice to decide how many steps your pawn can take. The dice have numbers from one to six. If you get a six, you get another turn to roll in classic gameplay. When you play online, the rules to roll a 6 might differ.
- Cut: When your pawn lands on a square occupied by an opponent’s pawn, you cut them. Cutting sends the opponent’s pawn back to their starting area. Ouch!
- Safe Square: There are some squares on the board where your pawns cannot be cut. These are usually marked with a star and are a safe spot to land.
Common Terms of Online Ludo Game on Zupee
Welcome to the digital era where traditional board games like Ludo take a fun, virtual twist! Zupee, renowned for its engaging and user-friendly gaming platform, brings you an online Ludo game that promises endless entertainment right at your fingertips.
Zupee Ludo offers an immersive online gaming experience, allowing players to enjoy their favorite board game anytime, anywhere. With lively animations and an intuitive user interface, it makes the classic game of Ludo even more exciting while maintaining the essence of the traditional gameplay we all love.
There are 4 types of Ludo games on Zupee: Ludo Supreme, Ludo Supreme League, Ludo Turbo, and Ludo Ninja.
Apart from the generic common terms of Ludo, Zupee Ludo games have some specific terms:
- Multiplayer/ Tournament Mode: In Zupee’s online Ludo, you can play multiplayer ludo games with real people. No bots allowed! You can play 2 – 4 players mode or play online multiplayer tournaments. A tournament is a special kind of game where many players compete to win big prizes. In Zupee, there are often tournaments that you can join to test your Ludo skills against many players.
- Score: There is a score-based system where players get points to move the token. For every box moved, players earn 1 point. If the token/pawn enters the home area, they get 56 points.
- Prize Pool: Zupee offers real cash winnings when you win games and tournaments. Each tournament has a prize pool set and based on the gameplay mode, the prize distribution is done. Look at how Ludo players like Ram Anjor have won Rs.250,000.
- Entry Fee: Zupee games may require a nominal entry fee to participate in certain contests, offering players a chance to win cash. However, there are many games that do not require an entry fee, and players do have a chance to win real Ludo money.
- Moves/Timer: Players must make strategic moves within a limited time frame, adding an exciting element of speed and decision-making to the gameplay.
- Leaderboard: Zupee maintains a dynamic leaderboard that ranks players based on their performance, allowing them to gauge their skills and compete with others for top positions.
In a nutshell, Zupee Ludo offers a perfect blend of classic Ludo charm, competitive thrill, and rewarding joy, all under one digital roof. Whether you’re looking for a relaxed game night or a nail-biting challenge against skilled Ludo champs, Zupee has got you covered!
Ready to roll the dice and relive the old memories in a new style? Let’s get started on Zupee and embark on an exciting Ludo adventure!
Common Terms of Ludo Game Online: FAQs
“Ludo” is derived from the Latin word “ludus,” which means “game” or “play.” It’s a strategy board game for two to four players, in which the players race their four pawns from start to finish according to the rolls of a single die. Ludo is meant to be a fun, family-friendly game that people of all ages can enjoy.
A pawn in Ludo refers to the pieces that each player moves around the board. Every player is assigned four pawns, usually in different colors like red, yellow, blue, and green. The main goal of the game is to navigate your pawns around the board and get them to your home column before the other players. New and improved Ludo board online.
A “cut” in Ludo occurs when your pawn lands on the same square as an opponent’s pawn. When you “cut” an opponent, their pawn is sent back to their starting area, and they must roll a six again to bring the pawn back into play. Cutting adds a strategic element to Ludo, as players can slow down their opponents’ progress by sending their pawns back to the start.
A “safe square” in Ludo is typically marked with a star symbol and provides protection to the pawns placed on it. When a pawn is on a safe square, it cannot be cut by an opponent’s pawn, providing a strategic point where players can secure their pawns during gameplay. Utilizing safe squares effectively can be a key strategy in safeguarding your pawns as they move around the board.