With bigger grids, multiplayer game mode, and instant play with no downloads or installations, tic tac toe online games are gaining popularity. The online gameplay allows you to play against the computer or a random player online. It also allows you to send invites to your friends and play a challenging game.
This guide will help you learn and explore the unique features of the best website offering you to play this exciting and entertaining game.
Tic Tac Toe Online – An overview
Tic Tac Toe Online is an entertainment-packed game that lets you connect and play with your family, friends, and players from across the globe. It has gained popularity as they offer multiplayer game mode and unique features. These features include bigger grids, instant gameplay, and online tournaments. Various websites require no downloads or installations to play online tic tac toe. However, there are some features that you might have to pay for. Here is an overview of the online tic tac toe game:
|No. of players||2 players|
|Grid size||3×3, 5×5, 7×7, and more|
|Can you play online tournaments?||Yes|
|Can you play simultaneous games?||Yes|
|Skills required||Strategy, tactics, observation|
|Equipment’s||Phone/Laptop/computer and a good internet connection|
Tic Tac Toe online vs. offline gameplay
With the advancement of technology, online games have overshadowed traditional offline games. They have an outstanding gameplay experience with remarkable features. Moreover, you can play it anywhere, anytime, with anyone. There are two major differences in the Tic Tac Toe online gameplay:
The traditional Tic Tac Toe game consists of a 3×3 grid, whereas in the online version, you can play the game in 5×5 or 7×7 grids. However, the gameplay is the same.
In 5×5 or 7×7 grids, you have to mark five or seven symbols, either ‘X’ or ‘O’, either vertically or horizontally or diagonally, to win the game. Keep in mind that as the number of cells is equivalent to the number of possibilities, the number of options will also increase, compared to the classic grid. Thus, players have to practice more and have a perfect strategy to beat their opponents.
In the conventional Tic Tac Toe game, only 2 players can play at a time. But, the online version offers different gameplay modes with other challenges. You can enjoy playing the Tic Tac Toe online game in the following game modes:
- Two-player mode: Play with another player, for example, a friend
- Multiplayer game mode: Play with multiple opponents from across the globe
- Single Player vs. AI opponents: Play against an AI opponent to test your skills
- Challenges & tournaments: Several websites offers a unique feature to create private tournaments where you can challenge friends
These modifications in the gameplay add an element of challenge and fun, which enhances the user’s gameplay experience.
Playing the Tic Tac Toe game online isn’t rocket science. You can quickly learn how to play the game without complications.
How to play Tic Tac Toe online?
Two players are required to start the game, and each player has to choose their symbol, i.e., between X & O, before playing. Then, each player begins to mark their respective symbol on the grid alternatively. If you are playing the game in the traditional 3×3 grid, you need to successfully combine your symbols three in a row, either vertically or horizontally, or diagonally. If you play in a 5×5 or 7×7 grid, the first player to combine their respective symbols five or seven in a row, either vertically or horizontally, or vertically wins the game.
The game is considered a tie if all the squares in a 3×3 or 5×5 or 7×7 grid are filled and both the players have failed to mark their respective symbols, three or five, or seven in a row, either vertically or horizontally or diagonally.
Top 5 best platforms to play Tic Tac Toe online
There are several online gaming platforms to play the Tic Tac Toe games online. These platforms help you connect with friends and enjoy your free time. Here’s the list of the top 5 best platforms where we can play the Tic Tac Toe game online:
- Paper games
- Crazy games
- Game table
- Tic Tac Toe by AGame
- Tic Tac Toe by Online Real Games
Papergames.io is one of the best platforms to play the Tic Tac Toe game online. Papergames.io is 100% free and child-friendly and offers two different game modes:
- Two-player mode: Here, you can play with your best buddy or find a random player from anywhere around the world. It has an automated matchmaking mechanism that helps you find an opponent quickly. In this mode, you can play unlimited games and check the number of times you have won.
- Multiple Tournament modes: Here, you can organize private fun tournaments with up to 512 participants, making it an ideal platform for a group of friends, student councils, and colleagues. The tournament modes that you can play are:
- The casual mode: allows an unlimited number of players to join a game room.
- Single elimination mode: 2 players compete directly, and the winner advances to the next round, whereas the loser is immediately eliminated from the tournament.
- Round Robin mode: is an all-play-all tournament with up to 42 players.
- Swiss mode: is a non-eliminating tournament with up to 512 players.
- Single-Player vs. AI Opponents: You can play numerous times with the AI opponents (i.e., CPU) to practice and test your skills in this mode.
- Multiplayer Split-Screen: Here, you can play with multiple players in a split-screen mode, giving a fantastic gameplay experience.
- Tic Tac Toe Online Multiplayer: Here, you can quickly play a random game with an opponent worldwide, create matches with your friends, and play on split-screen.
This website also has a unique feature where a player can change the grid size, i.e., from a standard 3×3 grid size to a larger 5×5 or 7×7 grid size.
Playing Tic Tac Toe online on gametable.org gives a pleasing gaming experience to the players. Here, you can play two different game modes. These are:
- One Player: In this mode, you can play with an AI opponent (computer) by choosing a difficulty level that you feel is comfortable.
- Two Player: Here, you can play with your friends and count the number of wins displayed on the same screen.
Some of the unique features of this website are:
- 4 difficulty levels to choose from while playing against the computer.
- Beautiful animation and graphics with pleasing sound effects
- It is completely free.
Tic Tac Toe by AGame
Tic tac toe games by AGame is another best website to play Tic Tac Toe online. It offers two game modes: one player & two-player with a best of 3, 5, or 10 challenges! It’s completely free to play here, so you can try and challenge your friends.
It has a unique feature of ‘Wacky Moves.’ On activating this feature, you can modify your randomly chosen symbol at any time of the game, i.e., if you select ‘X’ as your symbol, it will change to O.
Tic Tac Toe by Online Real Games
Online Real Games is another superb platform to play the classic tic tac toe online for free. Here, you can select a lobby and invite friends to join the lobby. It also has a unique additional ‘in-game conversation’ feature where you can chat with your buddies while playing the game.
We hope the article helped you learn how to play and master the Tic Tac Toe online game easily. You can practice and play with your friends on the top websites mentioned above. Each of these websites is unique to others, as they have their own set of rules and features. These websites are so designed to provide you with the best gaming experience.
To play Tic tac toe you need to place three of your chosen sign – X or O – either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. It is a zero-sum game, where if both the players are playing their best, no one wins the game.
Yes. Just search for ‘Tic Tac toe’ and start playing. Google allows you to play the game on the search result itself.
Tic Tac Toe is fun to play, but it also develops your cognitive and spatial skills. Here is the list of skills a player can build by playing Tic Tac Toe:
1. Strategic Thinking
2. Planning Skills
3. Problem-Solving Skills
4. Creative Thinking
5. Perspective-taking skills
6. Logical Thinking